PSU Designs ltd has a full time team of senior power supply design engineers backed up by additional full time engineering resource carrying out PCB layout, mechanical design, support bench testing, EMC and other compliance work.
PSU Designs engineering team is recognised in the industry by customers and suppliers as a centre of excellence for new designs and development of power supplies in the UK.
Engineers work from a customer’s specification or customer’s wish list and working through the various design stages will usually produce a production standard unit within 8-12 weeks.
PSU Designs has a wealth of engineering testing a proving equipment including;-
- Its own EMC chambers
- Surge and burst testing
- ESD testing
- Solid works mechanical design,
- Proteus PCB layout design
- Numerous test benches with isolated variable mains
- Electronic and passive load boxes
- ATE station for writing production compatible test programmes
- Hi-pot testing
- Thermal chamber
- Environmental chamber
- Flir thermal imaging camera
Engineers are very experienced at producing designs that meet customer requirements, are compatible with the company’s highly automated manufacturing processes and to be compliant with world-wide standards as required such as UL, CSA, TUV and others.
It is quite normal for our engineering department to work with UL and other agencies to gain required approvals on the power supply on behalf of our customers.
Engineering excellence 100% designed in the UK at the West Midlands facility.
- Allocate resource
- Produce paperwork design
- Produce prototype
- Test and modify prototype to meet specification
- Produce customer sample
- Verify performance against specification
- Produce technical construction file
- Submit samples to customer for evaluation
- Customer approves samples
- If required, submit samples and documentation to external approvals agencies
- Receive formal agency approval
- Sign off for pre – production
>>> Click here to view our Design Gallery <<<
PSU Designs Ltd is a substantial custom designer and manufacturer of switch-mode power supplies and battery chargers.
PSU Designs Ltd is the first choice of many of the world’s leading manufacturers in several industry sectors.
AC-DC | DC-DC | PFC | HIGH POWER | LOW POWER | HIGH VOLUME | LOW VOLUME
SIMPLE DESIGNS | COMPLEX DESIGNS | SPECIALITY APPLICATIONS